|US Patent #||
|EU Grant #||
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||
8" / 16" / 14"
|Most Active Growing Season|
Moderately well drained, organic soil types are best.
5.5 – 6.5
100 – 150 ppm
Dormant in winter.
Dry moderately between waterings.
Average, better too dry than too wet when established.
It differs from 'Black Beauty' in having redder foliage tones. It is a great blender in the landscape.
Use in mixed beds, mass planting, border, edging, containers.
|Finish Time to 4"||
4 – 6 weeks
Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.
Like shiny, rich leather, this ruffled, mahogany-red beauty is a great garden performer. Wonderfully dense and shiny color year-round. Foliage changes from spring purple tones to summer red tones. Fabulous in combination containers. An excellent landscape plant.
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- March/April, 2014 – Horticulture – click here
- October, 2008 – Green Profit – click here
- August 1, 2008 – GMPro – click here
- June, 2008 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- May 20, 2008 – The Gardener’s Apprentice (Blog) – click here
- April 6, 2008 – Mid-Atlantic Grower – click here
- March 29, 2008 – Garden Designs (Online) – click here
- November/December, 2007 – Landscape Trades – click here