|US Patent #||
|EU Grant #||
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||
12" / 24" / 30"
|Most Active Growing Season|
Moderately well drained, organic soil types are best.
5.5 – 6.5
100 – 150 ppm
Dormant in winter.
Dry moderately between waterings.
Average, better too dry than too wet when established.
It has large ruffled leaves of chocolate brown with burgundy undersides. It forms a large landscape size plant.
Good landscape plant, mass plantings, beds, or borders.
|Finish Time to 4"||
4 – 6 weeks
Winner of the highest gold medal as "Best NEW Perennial Introduction" at Plantarium in Holland '95. Gold and silver medal winner at VKC Nieuw, Belgium.
Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting. Plants are more compact, with more vivid color, in full sun.
Heuchera ‘Chocolate Ruffles’
Heavily ruffled leaves of rich chocolate on top and deep burgundy on the bottom create a warm contrast of color. Thousands of small purplish flowers on strong purple spikes continue the show. One of our first and finest, and still in amazing demand, this heat/humidity tolerant Heuchera thrives in gardens across the country and has become a landscaper's staple.
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- December, 2012 – Kodu & Aed – click here
- March/April, 2012 – The American Gardener – click here
- October 23, 2010 – Lexington Herald-Leader (Online) – click here
- June 24, 2010 – St. Louis Beacon (E-Newsletter) – click here
- October, 2008 – Green Profit – click here
- October 2, 2008 – The Oxford Times – click here
- June, 2008 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- April 28th, 2006 – USA Today – click here