|US Patent #||PP19611|
|EU Grant #||EU28145|
|Bloom Time||June, July|
|Foliage Color||Green, Lime, Red, Yellow|
|Exposure||Part Shade, Full Shade|
|Hardiness Zone||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|How Different?||It has large, showy cut leaves of gold with red veins. It is very vigorous. This is the first Heucherella from TN with H. villosa breeding.|
|Landscape Value||Mixed beds, borders or containers.|
|Most Active Growing Season||Spring|
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||12" / 20" / 20"|
|Soil (Garden)||Prefers well-drained, humus rich soils.|
|Water (Garden)||Average. They like more moisture than the Heuchera.|
|Special Uses||Deep South, Winter Color|
|Comments||Great vigor. Needs good drainage.|
Heucherella ‘Alabama Sunrise’
Changes color with the seasons! The deeply cut foliage, in spring to midsummer, is gold with red veins. In late summer, the leaves go to green with red veins. In fall, the older foliage turns orange pink. Small white flowers.
USDA Hardiness Zone(s): 4-9
Size (HT/W/FL HT): 12″ / 20″ / 20″
Exposure: Part Shade, Full Shade
Bloom Time(s): June, July
|Water (Greenhouse)||Dry moderatley between waterings.|
|EC||0.6 – 0.9|
|pH||5.5 – 6.5|
|Fertility Needs||100 – 150 ppm|
|Notes||Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.|
|Finish Time to 4″||6 – 8 weeks|
|Finish Time to Gallon||8 – 10 weeks|
|Day Length for Flowering||Day Neutral|
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following manner:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Our tags are produced using Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
Related Articles Featuring: Heucherella ‘Alabama Sunrise’
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
Please be patient as PDF’s may take a moment to load.
- May, 2019 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- September, 2012 – Better Homes and Gardens – click here
- November/December, 2009 – Neil Sperry’s Gardens – click here
- April, 2009 – Digger – click here
- November 16, 2008 – The San Diego Union Tribune – click here
- May 20, 2008 – The Gardener’s Apprentice (Blog) – click here
- April 6, 2008 – Mid-Atlantic Grower – click here
- April 4, 2008 – Edge – click here
- March, 2008 – Northwest Garden News – click here
- November/December, 2007 – Landscape Trades – click here