|US Patent #||PP16835|
|EU Grant #||EU20613|
|Hardiness Zone||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||6" / 14" / 16"|
|Finish Time||Medium (6-8 Weeks)|
|Bloom Time||May, June|
|Most Active Growing Season||Spring|
|Leaf Color||Green, Lime, Red, Yellow|
|Soil||Prefers well-drained, humus rich soils.|
|pH||5.5 - 6.5|
|Exposure||Part Shade, Full Shade|
|Special Uses||Award Winners, Deep South, Winter Color|
|Nutritional Needs||100 - 150 ppm|
|Water (Greenhouse)||Dry moderately between waterings.|
|Water (Garden)||Average. They like more moisture than the Heuchera.|
|How Different?||It forms a smaller mound of color with leaves that are less cut than 'Alabama Sunset'. When comparing 'Sunspot' & 'Stoplight', 'Sunspot' has much better flowers and 'Stoplight' has much better foliage.|
|Landscape Value||Mass planting, contrast, accent or container.|
|Finish Time to 4"||4 - 6 weeks|
|Comments||Summer foliage changes to straw-yellow or green-yellow. Do not bury crowns. Won Four Oaks Best New Plant Award in 2006|
|Grower Notes||Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.|
Large, red centered, yellow spring leaves change to lime green with red centers in the summer warm months. Combines with red flowering annuals and perennials for multi-seasonal interest. Creates a focal point anywhere it is planted. Airy white flowers are produced in spring.
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following manner:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Our tags are produced using Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- June, 2020 – Garden Gate – click here
- May, 2019 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- March/April, 2014 – Horticulture – click here
- February, 2012 – Sunset – click here
- April, 2009 – Digger – click here
- March/April, 2008 – Washington Gardener – click here
- March 29, 2008 – Garden Designs (Online) – click here
- October, 2006 – NMPro – click here
- April 28th, 2006 – USA Today – click here
- April 16, 2006 – Renegade Gardner – click here