Liner Program Details
- Plants may be on limited availability depending on the variety. Not all plants are located in the 2017/2018 catalog.
- Cell flats consist of 72 plugs/tray. (3) three trays can fit into our standard shipping boxes. Although filling a box is optional, we recommend doing so to possibly reduce shipping charges.
- Our minimum order is 3 trays.
Unrooted Cutting Program Details
TERRA NOVA® is pleased to announce our Unrooted Cutting Program, allowing our customers the ability to purchase quantities of TERRA NOVA® products at a competitive price point. The varieties we chose for this program have proven to be exceptional cutting producers, and are at the forefront of cutting edge breeding.
We have contracted Dümmen Orange to produce the cuttings from TERRA NOVA® private stock. They offer the highest quality URCs sourced from their modern elite mother stock facilities in Guatemala. Their entire line of unrooted cuttings benefit from the wonderful, sunny, temperate climate. This environment allows for economical, year-round production.
We feel this program has tremendous potential, and will play a major role in the direction of our breeding efforts. We’ll continue to add new plants to the current offering, and look forward to this program growing along with our business and yours.
The ideal method of handling cuttings on arrival and prior to sticking is as follows:
If you cannot stick immediately:
- Remove bags of cuttings from shipping boxes.
- Remove cuttings from bags and place in flats.
- Place flats of cuttings in a cooler at 50-55° F.
- Provide humidification to at least 98% relative humidity. If 98% humidification cannot be achieved, do not remove cuttings from bag.
- Provide some light (up to 50 foot candles) in the cooler, if possible.
- Plant within 24 hours.
Ball Horticultural Company – 630-231-3600
BFG Supply – 800-883-0234
Eason Horticultural Resources – 800-214-2221
ePlantSource, Inc. – 855-674-8440
Express Seed Company – 800-221-3838
Florasource, Ltd. – 949-498-1131
Fred C. Gloeckner & Company, Inc. – 800-345-3787
Griffin Greenhouse Supplies, Inc. – 800-323-7253
Grimes Horticulture – 800-241-7333
Henry F. Michell Company – 941-484-3474
McHutchison, Inc. – 800-943-2230
Messick Company, LLC – 408-871-9816
Mid Atlantic Plant Company – 800-366-0350
Paridon Horticultural, Ltd. – 800-586-5236
TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc. – 800-215-9450
Vandenberg Bulb – 800-955-3813
VanNoort Bulb – 604-888-6555
Vaughan’s Horticulture – 855-864-3300
WeHop – 800-669-6480
- 1,000 to 10,000 depending on the cutting size per shipment to one address (orders are packaged in multiples of 100 per variety).
Minimums: 3,000 cuttings per shipment to one address (orders are packaged in multiples of 100 per variety). If the shipment is lower than 3,000 cuttings, TERRA NOVA® will charge a $30 fee. Absolute minimum order is 1,000 cuttings per shipment to one address.
Freight Information: FOB Guatemala. From port of entry dropped shipped via FedEx to customers address.
Deadline: Any additions or cancellations must be received by Tuesday at noon Pacific Time prior to the ship date. After this time, orders cannot be changed or cancelled.
Availability: The product availability, posted on our website, is updated daily in order to give you the most reliable, on time information.
Claims or TERRA NOVA® Credit Policy
- Problems with shipments that could result in a claim must be reported to TERRA NOVA® within 48 hours of receipt of the shipment.
- All claims received must include photographs and appropriate documentation representing both the detail and magnitude of the problem. A claim form will be available for download on the website.
- Failure to provide information requested will result in denial of claims.
- All credits and claim forms must be directed to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Propagation and Licensing
All customers need to pay a royalty with the URC at time of purchase unless the customer holds a “Root and Sell” license with TERRA NOVA®.
Protection – TERRA NOVA® varieties are protected by United States Plant Patent (PP#), United States Plant Patent Applied For (PPAF), Trademarked, Canadian Plant Breeders’ Right and Canadian Plant Breeders’ Rights Applied For. Many of the plants are protected in other countries and registered with the Canadian Ornamental Plant Foundation ® (COPF ®). ™ denotes a trademark and ® denotes a registered trademark of the respected breeder in the United States of America. The variety may also be registered in other countries.
TERRA NOVA® provides tags with all orders for each plant sold; our tags contain photos, the proper genus, cultivar name, complete proprietary rights of the plant for all regions of potential sales (in the USA either “U.S. PPAF” or U.S. Plant Patent #. In Canada it is listed as COPF and Europe EU# or PVR).
For our customers’ we offer a tag exemption program, so that they can create their own tags. To qualify for this program, we require the following information on the tags to be submitted:
- Your tags must have the correct plant name, PPAF or PP#, EU# or PVR.
- Recommended, but not required, the words “plant propagation prohibited”.
- We can provide you with updated plant patent lists on a request or put you on our emailing list. Updated tag photos are available free on our website.
For further information, please contact our Sales department.