|US Patent #||
|EU Grant #||
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||
11" / 21" / 28"
|Most Active Growing Season|
Moderately well drained, organic soil types are best.
5.5 – 6.5
100 – 150 ppm
Dormant in winter.
Dry moderately between waterings.
Average, better too dry than too wet when established.
It is a large leaf purple type with a summer veil. Compared to 'Amethyst Mist', it holds its purple through the summer. Compared to 'Frosted Violet' it has larger leaves that are more purple and are veiled and does well in sun or shade.
Mass planting, mixed beds, early spring bright purples, mixed container.
|Finish Time to 4"||
4 – 6 weeks
Likes hot summers, humidity.
Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.
Heuchera ‘Midnight Bayou’
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- March/April, 2012 – The American Gardener – click here
- November/December, 2010 – Tennessee Gardener – click here
- November/December, 2010 – Virginia Gardener – click here
- August, 2010 – Digger – click here
- June 4, 2010 – The Evening Times – click here
- May, 2010 – Today’s Garden Center – click here
- November/December, 2009 – Landscaping & Groundskeeping – click here