|Common Name||Alum root|
|US Patent #||PP20364|
|EU Grant #||EU26593|
|Hardiness Zone||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||14" / 24" / 22"|
|Finish Time||Fast (4-6 Weeks)|
|Bloom Time||August, September|
|Most Active Growing Season||Spring|
|Leaf Color||Green, Lime, Orange, Pink|
|Soil||Moderately well drained, organic soil types are best.|
|pH||5.5 - 6.5|
|Exposure||Full Sun, Part Shade|
|Special Uses||Award Winners, Deep South, Hummingbird Attractor, Pollinator Attractor, Winter Color|
|Nutritional Needs||100 - 150 ppm|
|Water (Greenhouse)||Dry moderately between waterings.|
|Water (Garden)||Average, better too dry than too wet when established.|
|How Different?||'Southern Comfort' has the biggest leaves of all the amber foliage Heuchera. Award winner.|
|Landscape Value||Mass planting, accent, mixed beds.|
|Finish Time to 4"||6 - 8 weeks in spring|
|Comments||Has been given the Dallas Arboretum Seal of Approval from their Perennials for Purgatory trials. A TOP PICK and a Visitor Favorite in the 3 year Mt. Cuba Center trials - Heuchera For the Mid Atlantic, 2014.|
|Grower Notes||Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.|
Heuchera ‘Southern Comfort’
With huge cinnamon-peach leaves and a lush habit, this plant makes a bold foliage statement like a Hosta (but evergreen). Creamy white flowers erupt in late summer. Foliage color changes from cinnamon peach to burnished copper to amber. Bred to do well in Southern humidity, the Midwest, the Northeast or in the Northwest.
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Our tags are produced using Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- July/August, 2019 – Garden Gate – click here
- October, 2018 – Garden Gate – click here
- July/August, 2011 – Ohio Gardener – click here
- November/December, 2010 – Virginia Gardener – click here
- September 23, 2009 – Water Gardening (Online) – click here
- April, 2009 – Digger – click here
- November 16, 2008 – The San Diego Union Tribune – click here
- June, 2008 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- April 19, 2008 – The Journal Times (Online) (Lower Hudson Valley, NY) – click here
- April 18, 2008 – In the Garden (Blog) – click here
- April 6, 2008 – Mid-Atlantic Grower – click here
- April 1, 2008 – Today’s Garden Center – click here