|US Patent #||
|EU Grant #||
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||
33" / 30" / 36"
|Most Active Growing Season|
Average, well drained.
5.5 – 7.0
150 – 200 ppm
Dry moderately between waterings.
It has much darker foliage that 'Husker's Red' and pink rather than white flowers.
Mixed beds and borders.
|Finish Time to 4"||
4 – 6 weeks
Easy to grow. Very attractive in spring and summer. Much nicer than P. 'Husker's Red'.
Growing-on temps- 65°F-75°F / day & 60°F-65°F /nights. Vernalization does not impact flowering.
Penstemon ‘Dark Towers’
Glossy bronze-red foliage is topped with masses of pink flowers in July and August. Compared to 'Husker's Red', this beauty has much darker foliage which stays darker. Dale Lindgren of University of Nebraska created this dark leaf ultra-hardy, pink flowering form. A tough, carefree plant which tolerates high heat and humidity. A perfect dark background plant for the border.
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- December, 2018 – Fine Gardening – click here
- September, 2012 – Better Homes and Gardens – click here
- April, 2011 – Sunset – click here
- September, 2008 – Garden Center – click here
- September, 2008 – Pacific Coast Nurseryman – click here
- May 20, 2008 – The Gardener’s Apprentice (Blog) – click here
- November/December, 2007 – Landscape Trades – click here