|US Patent #||
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||
27" / 34" / 30"
|Most Active Growing Season|
Average soil, coarse and slightly mineral soils are best
75 – 100 ppm
Dormant in Winter, Dormancy Over Winter
Dry moderately between waterings
It has very large flowers combined with wine red stems and petioles.
Wonderful in mixed beds, borders in the sun garden. Great cut flower.
|Finish Time to 4"||
6 – 8 weeks
Was given the Dallas Arboretum Seal of Approval in the Perennials for Purgatory trials.
Plants shipped in fall require winter protection. We recommend transplanting to a 4" pot from a plug, not a larger size container if you receive the plants in the fall. Grow with 50 – 55° F nights and 55 – 65° F days. Facultative Long Day plant. Daylength extension up to 16 hrs. has proven beneficial for promoting flowering. Low pH can be fatal
Huge 5″ wide, rose pink flowers centered with orange cones sit atop stunning, well branched, burgundy-black stems. These are strong enough to break scissors! Like a fine wine, this beauty has great fragrance. Thirty five flowers graced our second-year plant. A wonderful introduction!
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- May, 2012 – Greenhouse Product News – click here
- August, 2011 – Greenhouse Product News (GPN) – click here
- August, 2010 – Fine Gardening – click here
- Late Summer/Fall, 2009 – Al’s Garden Center – click here
- Summer, 2009 – Easy-Care Landscaping – click here
- January, 2009 – Flower Gardens – click here
- April 6, 2008 – Mid-Atlantic Grower – click here
- April 1, 2008 – Today’s Garden Center – click here