|Common Name||Alum root|
|US Patent #||--|
|EU Grant #||EU3330|
|Hardiness Zone||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||8" / 16" / 26"|
|Finish Time||Fast (4-6 Weeks)|
|Bloom Time||May, June|
|Most Active Growing Season||Spring|
|Leaf Color||Purple, Red|
|Soil||Moderately well drained, organic soil types are best.|
|pH||5.5 - 6.5|
|Exposure||Full Sun, Part Shade, Full Shade|
|Special Uses||Award Winners, Deep South, Low Water Usage, Winter Color|
|Nutritional Needs||100 - 150 ppm|
|Water (Greenhouse)||Dry moderately between waterings.|
|Water (Garden)||Average, better too dry than too wet when established.|
|How Different?||Tight habit and shiny plum purple foliage in spring.|
|Landscape Value||Mass, accent, contrast.|
|Finish Time to 4"||4 - 6 weeks|
|Comments||Gold metal winner VKC Nieuw, Belgium in 1996 A Visitor Favorite in the 3 year Mt. Cuba Center trials - Heuchera For the Mid Atlantic, 2014. Lift the plant and replant in late summer or early autumn every few years with the crown just above the soil to remove the leggy look. Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.|
|Grower Notes||Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.|
Heuchera ‘Plum Pudding’
Thriving in the heat and humidity of the South, this industry staple is still one of our finest “plums.” Tight, compact habit with “beyond burgundy” shiny spring foliage make this an excellent companion planting for a wide array of colors.
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Our tags are produced using Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- July/August, 2013 – Northern Gardener – click here
- May/June, 2012 – Pennsylvania Gardener – click here
- May/June, 2012 – Horticulture – click here
- March/April, 2012 – The American Gardener – click here
- February, 2012 – Sunset – click here
- January, 2012 – The Recorder (Newspaper) – click here
- May, 2011 – Alabama Gardener – click here
- September, 2009 – San Diego Home & Garden – click here
- September, 2008 – Pacific Coast Nurseryman – click here
- June, 2008 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- February, 2006 – Dig – Showy Shade – click here