|Common Name||Foam flower|
|US Patent #||PP16738|
|EU Grant #||EU20614|
|Hardiness Zone||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Growth Habit||Clumping, Mounding|
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||8" / 12" / 13"|
|Finish Time||Fast (4-6 Weeks)|
|Bloom Time||May, June|
|Most Active Growing Season||Spring|
|Leaf Color||Green, Purple, Red|
|Soil||Rich and moist with an organic component.|
|pH||5.5 - 6.8|
|Exposure||Part Shade, Full Shade|
|Special Uses||Deep South, Deer Resistant, Winter Color|
|Nutritional Needs||150 - 200 ppm|
|Water (Greenhouse)||Dry slightly between waterings.|
|How Different?||It has distinctive leaves and a creeping habit.|
|Landscape Value||Colorfully marked foliage and charming flowers. Use as a groundcover in the woodland or shade garden. Good under high branching shrubs.|
|Finish Time to 4"||6 - 8 weeks|
|Comments||Did well at the Dallas Arboretum in their Perennials for Purgatory trials.|
Tiarella ‘Sugar and Spice’
Dramatic, lacy leaves with painted, heavily-marked centers are seen in summer to winter. Lightly fragrant, spring flowers are uniquely “frosted with pink with a white interior,” says Ken. The shiny leaves appear to be lacquered and look fabulous all year here at the nursery! Dan gives this clumper #1 status.
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Our tags are produced using Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- April, 2013 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- April 26, 2009 – Argus Observer – click here
- April 20, 2009 – Home News Here – click here
- February, 2009- NMPro – click here
- July/August, 2008 – Northern Gardener – click here
- August, 2006 – BloembollenVisie – click here
- April 28th, 2006 – USA Today – click here
- March/April, 2005 – Gardening Life – click here
- April 16, 2006 – Renegade Gardner – click here