|US Patent #||
|EU Grant #||
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||
9" / 16" / 28"
|Most Active Growing Season|
Moderately well drained, organic soil types are best.
5.5 – 6.5
100 – 150 ppm
Dormant in winter.
Dry moderately between waterings.
Average, better too dry than too wet when established.
'Green Spice' differs from species and parent in its improved color form. Much more color contrast and more vigorous than Heuchera 'Beauty Color'.
In shade or part shade garden in mass planting, under shrubs, in containers, mixed beds.
|Finish Time to 4"||
4 – 6 weeks
Formerly called 'Eco-Improved' A Visitor Favorite in the 3 year Mt. Cuba Center trials – Heuchera For the Mid Atlantic, 2014.
Be careful not to bury the crowns when planting.
Heuchera ‘Green Spice’
A top-seller around the world and great in the shade! Much more color contrast and more vigorous than Heuchera ‘Beauty Color’. Its dark gray-edged silver leaves with red venation are smoother and brighter, bigger, and better. Exceptional fall color, which we label as “pumpkin, neon orange.”
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- July/August, 2013 – Northern Gardener – click here
- September, 2012 – Better Homes and Gardens – click here
- May/June, 2012 – Pennsylvania Gardener – click here
- January, 2012 – The Recorder (Newspaper) – click here
- August 29, 2008 – The Ithaca Journal (Online) – click here
- June, 2008 – Michigan Gardener – click here
- March/April, 2008 – Northern Gardener – click here