|US Patent #||PP20059|
|EU Grant #||EU24135|
|Hardiness Zone||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Size (HT/W/FL HT)||7" / 20" / 10"|
|Finish Time||Fast (4-6 Weeks)|
|Bloom Time||April, May|
|Most Active Growing Season||Spring, Winter|
|Flowering Season||Spring, Winter|
|Flower Color||Orange, Pink, Purple|
|Leaf Color||Green, White|
|pH||5.6 - 6.8|
|Exposure||Full Sun, Part Shade|
|Special Uses||Deep South, Deer Resistant, Hummingbird Attractor, Winter Color|
|Nutritional Needs||150 - 200 ppm|
|Water (Greenhouse)||Dry moderately between waterings.|
|How Different?||It was bred for an improved P. cevennensis type - better habit, better markings, better flower, and no mildew problems.|
|Landscape Value||Shade garden, mixed beds, under high branching shrubs or woodland.|
|Finish Time to 4"||6 weeks|
|Comments||Grows well in containers like P. longifolia ssp. cevennensis. Plants wilt rapidly if the soil is too dry. Can be root pruned when grow too large for pot. Crown will re-root quickly. Pulmonaria prefer their roots cool.|
|Grower Notes||8 week vernalization required for flowering, plant size. Transplant to 1-gallon pots late summer/early fall for full plants in late winter.|
Pulmonaria ‘Silver Bouquet’
This plant has it all – cevennensis breeding for mildew-resistance, heat and humidity tolerance with large coral to pink to violet flowers that “look at you.” Features an excellent shelf life with NO delay from flower to foliage form. Spectacular silver foliage for year-round sales makes this a winner!
All photography is property and © of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, and is only to be used for promotional material related to TERRA NOVA® products.
Please credit TERRA NOVA® Nurseries in the following matter:
Photo(s) courtesy of TERRA NOVA® Nurseries, Inc.
Our tags are produced using Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
Get the latest FREE version of Acrobat® Reader™here.
- January 28, 2010 – Homelife Homes & Gardens – click here
- January, 2010 – Landscape & Irrigation – click here
- November/December, 2009 – Landscaping & Groundskeeping – click here
- August, 2009 – GMPro – click here
- July 2009 – Today’s Garden Center (Game Changing Perennials) – click here
- February, 2009 – Alabama Gardener – click here
- February, 2009 – Arkansas Gardener – click here
- February, 2009 – Kentucky Gardener – click here
- February, 2009 – Louisiana Gardener – click here
- February, 2009 – Mississippi Gardener – click here
- February, 2009 – Tennessee Gardener – click here
- February, 2009 – Virginia Gardener – click here